I am a planner. I love making lists and checking items off. Makes me feel like I am getting things accomplished. So of course, I started putting together a To Do list of the things I would like to do in our new home town.
A lot of this list will have to wait until it starts warming up in Michigan, but I am getting excited and ready for Spring. This never ending cold weather is taking a toll on me, especially since we haven’t lived in the North since 2008. I am ready for flip flops :0)
Here it goes:
- Troy Museum & Historic Village
- Sea Life Aquarium – this just opened so hoping to check it out when kids are in school
- Detroit Tigers game
- Detroit Lions game (super excited to be back in a large city with major sports teams!!!!)
- Visit Frankenmuth – it’s a little town about an hour from us that is Christmas all year!
- Great Lakes Golf and Sports Complex – again perfect for winter since it’s all indoors
- Go to the movies – love that we have awesome movie theaters again. This is one of our favorite things to do and our movie theater in Key West was terrible.
- The Library – I went yesterday and it was great for a cold day. Our library here has a used book store, little shop and even a cafe. Very cool…perfect for getting lost for a few hours.
- Great Lakes Outlets – all indoors!
- The Somerset Collection – awesome upscale mall that takes up 2 sides of the street and has a skywalk that connects both sides over the street
- Go to a concert or comedy show – there are lots of great venues for that here
- Walk around the downtown areas of Rochester, Royal Oak and Birmingham – all have neat boutique shops and restaurants
- Troy Community Center – features a fitness center with classes, rec activities and a pool
- Nature Center
- Parks – there are a bunch of nice parks right around us (they even look nice with all the snow!)
- Nature trails
- Golfing – there are 2 courses right by us. Not really into golf, but like going to the driving range
- Bowling – always a good time in the winter
So that is my list so far. I will keep adding more items and letting you know about the things I do. Can’t wait to get started!